Today’s signature cocktail inspiration is inspired by this lovely fall weather we are having and the love for all things with figs
2 ounce(s) fig infused Remy 1738
1 ounce(s) Cointreau
1 ounce(s) fresh lemon juice
Lemon twist, for garnish
For the fig infused Remy 1738 Cognac:
1 black mission figs, destemmed and cut in half
1 bottle(s) (750 mL) Remy Martin 1738 Cognac
Brown sugar syrup
For the spiced brown sugar simple syrup:
NaN mls brown sugar
NaN mls water
2 cinnamon sticks
1 vanilla bean, split
1. Add ice to a mixing glass and add all ingredients. Shake and pour into a chilled martini glass with a sugared rim. Garnish with a spiral lemon twist.
2. For the fig infused Remy 1738 Cognac: Fill a 2 Liter mason jar with the figs. Fill the 2 Liter mason jar with 90% Remy 1738 Cognac and the remaining 10% with Homemade Spiced Brown Sugar Simple Syrup.
3. Cover lid and refrigerate for one week to allow flavors to infuse. Strain through a cheesecloth or filter to remove figs, seeds or sediment. Pour contents into clean bottle and label.
4. For the spiced brown sugar simple syrup: Put brown sugar and water in a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and add cloves, cinnamon sticks and split vanilla bean. Simmer for an additional five minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Strain through a cheesecloth or filter to remove cloves, cinnamon sticks and vanilla bean. Cover and refrigerate.
Yesterday I had a fun time visiting our partner Crosell&Co to drop off our new brochures and see what was going on ins store and see what new great things you can add to your wedding registry.
I thought I would post some nice pictures from the visit and encourage you to swing by their store at 900N Michigan and see what great items you could get for your home.
Also some of their items are only carried in store and not at Poladora.com so if you see something you get a gift card and have fun shopping… Don’t forget to tell Dianne we say Hi!
Posted in Dinnerware, Drinkware, Partner retailer, what to buy, What to give, what to register for
- Tagged Chicago gift registry, chicago retailers, Chicago wedding registry, Consolidate Registry, Consolidated registry, Crosell & Co, drinkware, flatware, formal place setting, Home accent, local Chicago registry, local Chicago retailers, Local network of partner stores, what to register for
We are very excited to welcomed on board Portraiture by Tru . Anne has created a couple of great packages which can make for wonderful bridal shower gifts or fun intimate shower event. But first a bit more about Portraiture by Tru.
Portraiture by trü studio is a photography experience for all women focused on empowering you to let your outer beauty reflect the confidence, sophistication and radiance within. Sessions are designed to pamper and encourage you to feel confident, classy, beautiful, and at ease in your own body.
Whether you would like just a simple and beautiful capture of yourself, or if you dream of looking as if you have just stepped out of a magazine, our skilled makeup and hair stylist will bring out the best version of yourself.
What happens in a photo shoot ? You pretty much get to feel like a movie star of top model and that they photo shoot. You start off by getting your hair and makeup professionally done. And then you get to have your portrait taken where you are the person you see and showing your real self.
And best of all they have now created some amazing packages for us here at Poladora.
Mother and daughter portraits which make a great shower gift for the bride and her mother.
Girl’s day out portraits make for a great activity for the bride and her wedding party.