We are dreaming of sandy beaches and warm weather. Here’s a recipe for a cocktail to take you there too.
- Ice cubes
- 6 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Malibu rum or other coconut-flavored rum
- 2 tablespoons light rum
- 2 tablespoons gold rum
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 pineapple wedges
- 2 orange slices
Fill cocktail shaker with ice; add pineapple juice, orange juice, and all three types of rum.
Cover and shake until very cold.
Fill 2 short glasses with ice.
Strain cocktail mixture over, dividing equally.
Garnish with pineapple wedges and orange slices.
Here’s a glass to enjoy your Lush Island cocktail in.
Posted in Dinnerware, Drinkware, Feature item, what to buy, What to give, what to register for
- Tagged Chicago gift registry, chicago retailers, Chicago wedding registry, Color inspiration, Consolidated registry, cookware, Crosell & Co, drinkware, formal place setting, furniture, Home accent, non-traditional gifts, northwestern cutlery, orange, red, Sawbridge Studios, what to register for, yellow
Yesterday I had a fun time visiting our partner Crosell&Co to drop off our new brochures and see what was going on ins store and see what new great things you can add to your wedding registry.
I thought I would post some nice pictures from the visit and encourage you to swing by their store at 900N Michigan and see what great items you could get for your home.
Also some of their items are only carried in store and not at Poladora.com so if you see something you get a gift card and have fun shopping… Don’t forget to tell Dianne we say Hi!
Posted in Dinnerware, Drinkware, Partner retailer, what to buy, What to give, what to register for
- Tagged Chicago gift registry, chicago retailers, Chicago wedding registry, Consolidate Registry, Consolidated registry, Crosell & Co, drinkware, flatware, formal place setting, Home accent, local Chicago registry, local Chicago retailers, Local network of partner stores, what to register for
When you are registering for wedding gifts one of the first things you register for is your place settings. But somehow it always feels more complicated than it should be.
What size plates do you need? How many glasses do you need? What types of glasses do you need?
Well here is a quick cheat sheet for you!
And dont forget you to check out our partners Crosell & Co, POSH Chicago, and Sawbridge Studios for all your dinnerware needs. And best of all dont worry about incomplete sets with our consolidated registry, your gifts become credits which you can spend to get what you really want!
Posted in Dinnerware, Drinkware, what to buy, What to give, what to register for
- Tagged Chicago gift registry, chicago retailers, Chicago wedding registry, Crosell & Co, local Chicago registry, local Chicago retailers, Local network of partner stores, place settings, POSH Chicago, Sawbridge Studios, what to register for
I was amazed by all the choices available with regards to wine glasses.
First of all there seems to be a specific glass for every wine variety out there. Different shapes and sizes will emphasize tannins and flavors differently, they will direct the wine to a different location of your tongue etc.
Now I suspect that many of you are not interested in having 20 different types of glasses just to be able to create a slight improvement to your wine experience. If that is the case I suggest starting off with the following: either go with just a generic tulip or 1 glass for red, 1 for white, and maybe a champagne flute.
Here are some thoughts on selecting the glasses as I learned from the website 2BASnob & YourCellar.com
Glass type: Thin and clear is the way to go.
Red wines need a wide bowl and a wide opening.
White wines narrow bowl and opening.
Also if you are looking into getting to know more I suggest visiting the Wine Discount Center and they will be more than happy to help you with your wine glasses. Note you can also use the Wine Discount Center gift card to purchase wine glasses